Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Life: In Transit

My original plan to post more often remains, but I've been busy actually improving my life instead, or at least making an effort. For one thing, I finally have a roommate! We seem to get along okay, so hopefully we can be friends with time, but at the very least my first financial problems are over.

Secondly, I had a bit of a...project this week. I can't get into the details, but it could really energize me, life-wise, should it work out. At the very least, I learned new skills I should have learned years ago, and as a result I discovered that enjoyed some artistic designs far more than I expected. As a result, I'm far more confident things could change for me sooner rather than later.

No luck on the relationship front, but at least I got to hang out with friends more often. I even did one of those bar trivia nights today. We won four out of seven rounds, but our final score was just a bit off of the gift certificates. But it was an impressive first showing.

Of course, the next two weeks will be busy for two other reasons. First, next Tuesday is election day. Will I say who I'm voting for here? No. I will say that I'm extremely nervous, though. I don't trust these things until the polls are closed. Secondly, Nanowrimo starts up on Saturday. I'm actually still not sure I even will do this year's National Novel Writing Month, what with all the busy changes and projects. But damn it, I'm gonna at least try. I'll get more on that one in a future post, though by definition it exceeds the "100 page maximum" rule of details. But I'll do what I can to talk about it.

No comments: