Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Life: Eh, again.

I have almost two weeks off starting this Tuesday, so I might be able to get into a routine that includes my ideas, at least, and possibly even rants and somewhat. We shall see. For now I'll focus on my life a bit.

So, in the last few weeks, well, things have stagnated. This is a bad thing, because I hate the status quo. So I took my cat to the vet one last time (I sincerely hope) and save for some pills I have to feed him, that crisis should be over. There are no signs of urinary tract infection, so at worst it my be an allergic reaction or a change of diet might be needed. After spending hundreds of dollars on emergencies and things I needed, I said "fuck saving" and bought an XBox 360. It wasn't the most frugal or sensible thing I ever did, but look where frugal got me this year? At least now I can worry about the future with Bioshock. Oh, expect that review some day, and the reviews for the pack-in Lego Indy and Kung Fu Panda much, much later.

Love life? Nonexistent. Attempts at meeting people online have failed miserably as of late, and I'm seeing a girl I realized like and/or liked next week, as a friend, due to the fact she has a boyfriend. Wee! So that's something to work on next year.

Which brings me to my main concern. Next year. I'm turning 30. I'll have nearly completely wasted my twenties on idle hopes and jobs that have done little to inspire me creatively. What do I do? Do I try school again? And that's assuming the economy and job market don't make this decision for me. It's a scary time to face one of those numerical hurdles we all hate to deal with.

No comments: