Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Life: Employment For a Bit (Originally to be posted on April 30th)

Well, technically I'm working again. This will be true until, at last estimate, Monday. It's a temp job I got, and it's just basic data entry, but hey, it's a start. And it's more money than I make from normal unemployment. That's the good news. The bad news? My car's engine needs repair that will cost me most of any additional money I make. Also my back decided it hated me. I've had my back go out at times, and it usually was pretty bad; I had to walk with a hunch for a few days, exercise is difficult, and whatnot. But that hasn't happened in a while, and this was different. It felt like my side was the source of the problem, specifically my lower left rib. Ironically, the exercises I used to help my other back problems might have caused this one! Sigh.

But as depressed as I was around Tuesday, I'm feeling a bit better now. My back is at least 30% better, though I'm waiting until at least Sunday to actually get some exercise. And tomorrow's a Friday! Which means something again! Meanwhile, the screenplay I mentioned earlier is finished, or at least its first draft is. Now, all I have to do is get it critiqued by friends and family. From there, I'll do a few more drafts and even try to find an agent. Meanwhile, my next task is to find school, preferably something of the design area. If I can't find a permanent on job by August, my lease runs out in August anyway, so why not? But I'll explore that in details later.

No comments: