Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Life: Okay, I have no excuse for September

Otherwise, though, it's been a busy time, in mostly good ways. I started a temporary job midway through August. Well, as of mid October, it's been made permanent! So I'm doing that now instead of, say, playing video games in the later morning/early afternoon period. This hasn't stopped me from writing, though! From the last week of September until this Tuesday, I've been working on my third (real) screenplay. And Nanowrimo, which I originally planned on skipping, is coming up in a few days. I declared this to be my "writing" year. Two books, two screenplays, and for now the final annual update of my ongoing universe? That's a pretty busy period. Besides, I also plan to look for a new place to live, pay off my remaining medical bills, and go car shopping. It's a good thing I already barely sleep.

I'll try to get back to regular posts here, though no promises. My Nano writing will come first. And a friend of mine is looking to expand her writing professionally, and she seems keen on dragging me along for the ride. I doubt I'll quit my day job (especially after it took so long to even get it,) but making money and just BEING a writer in the professional sense would be wonderful, so we'll see. And if I can option off a screenplay, and then I get involved with the video game adaptation, and I get the experience and resources from there...then I can probably go for a ride on my pet unicorn next. But still, it's nice to be a bit optimistic again.

No comments: